I was curious to see who it was that had the Greatest CD sales of all time. I was guessing either Madonna, the Beatles or Rolling Stones but to my surprise:
Queen's first Greatest Hits album landed on top of the UK's Top 100 best sellers chart, compiled for the cable channel VH1.
The album was first released in 1981 and has sold 5,407,587 copies - 600,000 more than 2nd place which was the Beatles' Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
Here is a look at the top ten Best selling CDs of all time
1. Queen, Greatest Hits (5,407,587)
2. The Beatles, Sgt Pepper (4,803,292)
3. Oasis, What's The Story Morning Glory (4,304,504)
4. Dire Straits, Brothers In Arms (3,946,931)
5. Abba, Gold Greatest Hits (3,932,316)
6. Pink Floyd, The Dark Side of The Moon (3,759,958)
7. Queen, Greatest Hits II (3,631,321)
8. Michael Jackson, Thriller (3,570,250)
9. Michael Jackson, Bad (3,549,950)
10. Madonna, The Immaculate Collection (3,364,785)
highest earning musicians of 2008
berklee college production and technology lessons